Hard to believe we’ve been operating for 3 years! From little things, big things grow….I had no idea where this journey would take me but I’m pretty glad I did it.
They say you should always strive to work in a job where you love what you do. Having worked in many other businesses in the past, I decided to take a leap of faith and do just that.
I quit my full-time job after a friend who knows me well just threw this at me: “I don’t know why you don’t just run kayak tours. You drive us all nuts with your beautiful photos of the river and you obviously love it”. Bingo. Pretty sure this was a quintessential epiphany. That moment when your path is suddenly clear and you know you are meant to choose that route.
Special mention here for the quiet, hard-working silent partner in this business – my wonderful husband Arthur – who has worked behind the scenes to put food on the table while this business was being launched. Without his support, we could not have achieved what we have in this short time.
So in 3 years, we’re very proud of the many milestones we’ve reached:
- grown our tour options from 1 (morning tour) to 5: morning, lunch, family, all day and our new sunrise breakfast tour;
- 66 fantastic Trip Advisor Reviews;
- just a few over 1,000 Likes on Facebook – and a few great reviews there too;
- Gold Award in the Ecotourism Category of the South Coast Tourism Awards 2016 (and Bronze in both Adventure Tourism and Small Business);
- taken several Destination NSW international managers on tour;
- taken several Australian Tourism Exchange international visiting travel agents on tour;
- been invited to showcase our tours at the annual Destination NSW ITO workshop for new tour products (invitation only);
- Featured on a promotional video for NSW Small Biz Connect;
- Featured on What’s Up Down Under;
- soon to feature as one of the successful regional small businesses in the Canberra region.
- Promoted to ‘Export Ready’ status by Destination NSW;
- Been conducting tours for passengers on board visiting cruise ships and have contracts with: Carnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Lines and Oceania Cruise Lines – so far.
- donated countless tours to local community organisations and charitites;
And the best part? We’ve now shared our beautiful river with over 620 lucky paddlers – and one dog 🙂
Bring on the next few years. We love what we do – we love this river. We know this river.