How it starts
You’ve had a tour, fallen in love with kayaking and now you want to buy one!
Where do you start?
Good kayaks are not a cheap investment. Read on for some valuable tips in choosing the right craft for you.
Ask these questions first
- Who will be paddling this kayak? Consider the size, weight and strength of your paddler.
- How will you transport it? There are many ways to carry a kayak but consider its weight and length. Remember – you have to get it on and off the roof of a car. Some people use a small stool to help with this.
- Do you need wheels? We wouldn’t be without our sets of wheels – so much easier to pull the kayak in and out of water and along paths.
- What’s your budget? Poly kayaks range from about $400 – $1500 depending on the quality.
- Where will you mostly use it? Open water? A nice calm river or lake? Different kayaks are suited to different types of water.
Like most things – you get what you pay for.
We use Hobie Kayaks
We are Hobie kayak fans and have been for years. We use Sit-on-top style kayaks on the river and have paddled Hobie sea kayaks several times.
We had cheaper versions at first, but once we got on a Hobie, we were convinced. There was no comparison. These are the best we’ve ever tried.
Quality in every way including design, durability, comfort, stability and ease of use. They tick all the boxes and our guests often comment.
“This is so easy to paddle! And the comfortable seat is a winner.”
Keen to try kayaking? It’s easier than you’d believe and we are experienced teachers.
Book now – just click on the Button below and you’re on your way.
Where to buy
Buy your kayaks at a kayak supply place – not at the large ‘camping and fishing’ type shops. They’re great for accessories – and you’ll end up buying plenty of them!
But when it comes to investing upwards of $500 on something it’s worth making sure you get the rght size, weight and shape for you – not some clunky generic piece of cheap plastic that will feel like paddling a bathtub.
Call 0429961047, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact Form.